Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Still Going

I'm still in shock that I haven't smoked in over two+ weeks...it has been a slight struggle but I have made it through...I have been reading some of the horror stories about Chantix...it does have me somewhat alarmed...I have been noticing a neck ache but that could be just the way I sleep...I've had it before at times...then my knees have been aching but that could also be walking everyday on the treadmill....so I hope and pray that I have no side effects....the nausea has completely gone away....the dreams well they are still there...not bad...just dreams....the gas is still there also...but I can live with those....it is really sad to hear that there are those that are having bad side effects...I know how they must feel wanting to quit and hoping that Chantix was the answer....I don't ever want to go back...and hope I never do....Good Night for now...and God Bless

2 comments:

maggie said...

Congrats on 2 weeks+! That's really awesome. You are well on your way.

I'd keep an eye on the possible side effects just in case, but they do seem pretty rare overall.

MamaFlo said...

I've just recently read about those having all the side effects too and although it's alarming (and I probably wouldn't have started on the Chantix had I read those prior to starting), I'm glad I started taking the Chantix because I couldn't boast that I've been cigarette free for 15 days now!!
I've had the neck pain too but I'm thinking it has more to do with being on this computer all the time and from stress than from the Chantix. As for the muscle/joint pain, thankfully I haven't had any and I would have called the doctor had this started. I've had some stomach pain and chest pain but my thought is that it's from withdrawal and not the Chantix.
I could not have come this far without the help of Chantix and unless I get debilitating side effects, I'm staying on Chantix for a long while.

Congratulations on being smoke free!