Thursday, October 4, 2007

Day 13

Today is my 13th day of not smoking and my first day of the new schedule of 4 10's and 3 days off....I'm still am in shock that I'm not smoking....things are so stressfull...if I weren't on Chantix I know that I would have already caved in under the stress....but I CHOOSE to not smoke no matter what....spent some time on the treadmill today that felt so good....but it's funny how I read Maggie's blog and she talks about her ankle hurting from an old injury...I have the same problem...darn ankle swells up and it's hard to walk....she' gutsy though I won't dare try to jog...I received a call from my counselor at the tobacco users hot line...he was surprised to hear how I had quit....I told him I would have called him but that I would have been triggered because every time I talked on the phone I ended up going in the garage to smoke....things will get better though....enough for now...gearing up for Survivor and CSI....this will be the first time in a long time....I have been home on a Thursday night...I usually have it recorded and watch later.....

2 comments:

maggie said...

Congrats to you on another smoke-free day, and enjoy the tv shows! I watch other stuff on Thursday, but it is a great tv night. About jogging, I barely even jog - during my 20 minute walks, it's literally about 2 minutes broken into about 3 sections, but that's why I'm so dismayed about my ankle since I'm barely even putting stress on it. I was surprised that I even felt like trying to jog at all, too! Quitting smoking can inspire so many areas of life.

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

Yay for you! It's a major miracle. I have a blog called Quit Coping replacing smoking with some new coping strategies. I'm at www.quitcoping.com . Want to do a link exchange? I'll add you now.