Monday, October 15, 2007

Almost a Month

Wow 3 weeks and 3 days that is almost a month...It's hard to believe.....Haven't blogged in awhile...thought I would sit down and put something on here....Just got home from a 10 shift...things have been going good...I'm loving these ten hours...more of the three days off...I went to my doctor the other day for the results of my blood work....My cholesterol is down some and my weight is down 7 pounds...are you getting...I have been munching like crazy....but since quitting smoking I have been walking more on the treadmill....when the ankle is cooperating..so I feel Happy....I made the big mistake of going to Wal-Mart the other day....I noticed they have Halloween candy every where...I did really good at not buying very much...but then as I was heading to the check-out there right in front of me were POPCORN BALLS!!! oh no not again...every year I buy them....I would like to say that I buy them to give out but that would be a lie...I had my oldest daughter with me and she just looked at me and smiled...go ahead mom it's only once a year....OH my Gosh I bought 2 boxes.....so then I get home and hide a box under my bed...so who am I hiding them from ...myself...I'm the only one that usually eats them....so I keep one box in the kitchen...and here I go not just one but 2 or 3 in a setting...good thing they are only 100 calories....I guess I could have picked up worse habits...but once a year isn't bad right?...so I get home from work last night and there is only one left in the box of 20...I probably consumed at least 15 of them...so I decide to have a late night snack ...after the one I find my self sneaking in the bedroom where my husband is soundly sleeping ....snoring :)....trying to feel in the dark for that other box of popcorn balls...walla I grabbed it and got out of there..and you know the rest....but enough of this...I'm so glad that it's popcorn balls I'm sneaking and not cigarettes....so I have now finished my two popcorn balls and will go get ready for bed...Hopefully everyone will have a wonderful smoke-free day tomorrow

2 comments:

maggie said...

So awesome to hear that you are still going strong and coming up on a month. That's great. Keep going!

MamaFlo said...

You are an inspiration to so many out there trying to keep their quit, keep it up!!
I think it's funny about the popcorn balls......if I'd have eaten that many I'd be constipated so bad I'd look like one of the poopcorn balls - LOL :)
Thanks for the laughs and my wishes for your continued success!!!