Saturday, September 15, 2007

First Blog of Freedom

Well this is my first blog....I'm on my 8th day of Chantix....and my 2nd day of .05mg twice a day...I figure I will try and build up to the maxium and then make the plunge into freedom....I'm nervous and scared...I don't want to be a failure again...I have tried so many times to quit smoking...and always ended up going back...I have been in bondage to these things for 37 years...and am sick of them but at the same time love them...I'm having some nausea problems...but not too bad if I eat first...then the dreams are starting to come...wow...I don't ever remember dreaming before....we shall see how this journey goes...as for now I will continue to find new hobbies to do...I started geocaching....thinking that would take my mind off...but I end up huffing and puffing up the hill....and smoking when I get back to the truck....something will have to change ....

1 comment:

maggie said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and I am so excited for you starting out on this journey. You can definitely do this! For me, the Chantix really did help, even if I still had to do plenty of work, too. Still, I found it easier than any other method I'd tried.

I'm curious about the slow ramp up you are doing. I went with the regular dosing, but I didn't quit until Chantix Day 13 (instead of Chantix Day 8) once I was firmly planted on the full dose for awhile (instead of first day of full dose - I just wasn't ready).

In any case, I do hope that you'll keep blogging about your experience because I'll certainly keep reading and would love to add you to my list of links to other Chantix bloggers if you'd like.